Each one of us has 24 hours each day. Then what made the great personalities like C.V.Raman, A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, Mother Teresa, Homi J Bhabha to lead such significant LIVES?
-They managed their time very well.
This article is about using Time Management to Improve study skills.
Most students begin each new semester of school with bright outlook. They anticipate themselves being fortunate in their studies and school work but they fail to put together a sensible plan or build a procedure, that will enable them to achieve academic success .There are so many hours in a day, days in a week and weeks in a term. And if you don’t pay attention, the end of semester will arrive before you know it-catching you by surprise. To achieve academic excellence, you must carefully manage your study time on a daily, weekly and semester basis.
The following is a time management master plan.
Step-1 Prepare a Term Calendar.
At the outset of each new term, before you get deeply involved in your studies or other activities, prepare a calendar that covers the entire term, your term calendar can look like a monthly calendar or a different format of your choice, your term calendar should have the following outline.
- Assignments with their due dates.
- All school activities.
- Out of-school and extra-curricular activities.
Step-2 prepare a weekly plan.
Unlike your term calendar, which is planned out entirely in the beginning of each term, your weekly planner is prepared at outset of each week. Every Sunday prepare your weekly plan. Although you’ll prepare your weekly plan each Sunday, you should update your schedule as a week progresses and new things arise.
To prepare your weekly plan do the following.
- Write down the classes you have for each week on your calendar.
- Take a look at your term calendar and write down the items on your weekly calendar that need to be completed or are occurring that week (i.e. assignments, tests, events etc)
- Go back and evaluate all your class notes and your plan from the prior week to see if there is anything you need to add to this week’s plan that is being carried over.
- Add to your weekly plan any out of-school and extra-curricular activities that you’ll be participating in during the upcoming week.
Step-3 Prepare a Daily Plan.
Each evening prepare a daily plan for the next school day. Place a check mark next to each item when completed. To prepare your daily plan do the following:
- *Write down everything from your weekly plan that you need to do for the coming day.
- *Write down everything from your previous daily plan that wasn’t completed and needs to be included in your preceding plan.
You’ll notice that one of the keys of productively managing your study time is to start with the master plan, then work down to the detail. Your term calendar provides direction and instruction for fulfilling the masterplan .Your weekly and daily plan provide the details required for fulfilling everything in your term calendar, there by empowering you to fulfil your term goals.
High School Coordinator.