Vidya Soudha Academy of Management Sciences, Bangalore
Bachelor of Commerce (B.COM)
Due to the fast-paced development of business sectors, there is an increasing demand for commerce graduates. Accordingly, this course is being introduced to meet today’s demands of the commercial world.
Today’s Dynamic Business World is confronted with challenging situations owing to liberalization, privatization & globalization (LPG) with rapid technological advances particularly in the field of Financial Accounting. Commerce graduates are expected to possess in-depth knowledge of accounting concepts and computer skills. Hence, the need of today’s corporates is to recruit the young commerce graduates who possess the above-mentioned skills. The B.Com. Course is introduced by Bangalore University to meet the demand of the present corporates. The academic curriculum and the practical exposure of recent business trends successfully inculcates the required skills amongst the students.
We believe in developing global competencies in students through quality education and research programs. The department of commerce incorporates peer mentoring, holistic development, social outreach programs, research paper publication etc. Besides lectures, the department conducts group discussions and seminars related to various aspects of commerce. Role plays and simulation labs are used to mimic real-life scenarios requiring prompt decision-making and quick analysis of situations. This helps the students gain valuable experience through field study as well as simulation exercises.
Faculty is highly qualified and experienced in core domains such as Finance, Accountancy, Marketing and HR. We ensure all round development of the students is achieved through various association and club activities, intra-collegiate fests, cultural fests and sports activities.
Aims and Objectives of the course
- To provide basic understanding of various concepts in the field of Commerce.
- To inculcate accounting skills amongst the students.
- To provide practical knowledge about the financial matters through Business Lab.
- To develop dynamic leadership and effective communication skills amongst the students through workshops and seminars by sharing the experiences and knowledge of professors, C.E.O’s, subject experts and the Industrialists.
- To provide extensive knowledge about accounting concepts, business trends and current affairs.
- Campus Recruitment facility.