While the academic year 2020-21 was a challenging one due to pandemic for the teachers to introduce mathematical concepts in their online classes, Teachers at VSPS adapted activity based methodology to create curiosity, creativity and better understanding of the mathematical concepts and ideas amongst their students while having fun. Here are the glimpses of some of the activities.
- Playing hopscotch to understand the concepts of addition and subtraction.
- Using household objects to share things equally enables them to learn the concept of division.
- Arranging cardboards into rows and columns and finding out the product.
- Creating shapes using dough.
- Making models using creative materials – Clock, Patterns, Weighing balance etc…
Mrs.Deepa A S